Tuesday, February 2, 2016

What's the Best Way to Address Homelessness?

Last month, Alana wrote a piece on how to “end homelessness in New York City.” It prompted a reader to talk about his own experience: In 2006, I became too sick to work. From 2006 to 2009, I had six pulmonary emboli (blood clots in the lungs), two heart attacks, and seven episodes of atrial flutter requiring cardioversions. I was diagnosed with advanced COPD, diabetes type 2, and high blood pressure. Working was out of the question, and I soon found myself living in a tent. When winter came, I slept in a homeless shelter at night and shuffled around in the elements during......(read more)
Forward this article via email:  Send a copy of this story to someone you know that may want to read it.


from Around The Web http://ift.tt/1JVW6CE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment