Sunday, June 14, 2015

Predicting the Next Recession

Recently there has been more discussion of a recession in 2015 . That seems very unlikely to me - I'm not even on "recession watch".    I decided to repeat a post I wrote in January 2013 . (almost 2 1/2 years ago).  This still seems correct - and I've added a few updates in italics. A few thoughts on the "next recession" ... Forecasters generally have a terrible record at predicting recessions. There are many reasons for this poor performance. In 1987, economist Victor Zarnowitz wrote in " The Record and Improvability of Economic Forecasting " that there was too......(read more)
Forward this article via email:  Send a copy of this story to someone you know that may want to read it.


from Around The Web http://ift.tt/1GmPEyZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment